
I finished my Amy Butler, "Weekender Travel Bag!" I was a little scared to start this project because I read that it's not a beginners project. I would say I'm in between a beginner and advanced-beginner. I went slowly, read the directions a few times before moving forward and everything worked out great. I also refered to a few blogs that gave me great advice, I don't think I could have done the piping if I didn't read this blog. Her blog was a great reference and inspiration! Thank you Craftoholic!
I thought the project was going to take a few weeks to complete, but I did it in about a week. I averaged one step a day and took a day off in between. I would say the last step was the hardest... the lining. It still doesn't look good and I think I have to go back and work on it a little bit more.
The one thing that I regret doing is pre-washing the fabric. It's a great idea, but it washed out all the colors..ugh. But I think it came out looking pretty nice so I'm not that upset.

The first version of the bag had the pattern all over the lower half. After discussing it with my assistant, I decided to move the grey interior lining to the outside and move the pattern lining to the inside. This makes it a little easier to see into the bag.
2 comments:
Wow! I think that bag is really great! Make me one too...really I'm not kidding. You could actually sell that...for money! And who may I ask is this "assistant"? Suspicious...
That is FANTASTIC!! You are way beyond me and Edyta. Make me one of those ;)
Post a Comment