This is what my table looks like right now, it's been like this for a few weeks. The hat is almost done, but it's at that final stage that I hate to deal with and will be shelved for a little bit more. I tried to make a bead necklace for mother's day and failed miserably, got a little depressed about it and never cleaned up after myself. I got her a few tops instead and she loves them both, so I'm happy about that!Here's a third version of a necklace:

I haven't been keeping up with blogs lately and didn't know there was a 2nd Built by Wendy book, Sew U Home Stetch. I got it a few weeks ago and it looks like it has a few good projects in there.


I don't think I'll be getting to any of these projects anytime soon. So it's going on the shelf with all the other projects that I'd like to make someday. I stopped baking cookies about 2 months ago thinking it was the cause of me gaining weight. But have since realized that it hasn't made much of a difference. Since reading your comment, my trusty assistant has requested the cookies to make a return to our kitchen. I'll be going to the store tomorrow.
1 comment:
Thanks for the update FINALLY! Sorry about the necklace. She doesn't need another one anyway. Make these cookies for your trusty assistant...they are easy and yummy.
Apricot Bars from Pioneer Woman.com
1 1/2 C flour
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 C quick oats
1 C packed brown sugar
1 3/4 sticks (regular, salted) butter cut into pieces
1 10-12 oz. jar apricot preserves
(I used strawberry and sprinkled dried cranberries on top...kids loved it)
1. Mix all ingredients except preserves.
2. Press 1/2 mix firmly into a buttered 8" square pan or small rectangular pan.
3. spread preserves (sprinkle with fruit if desired)
4. Sprinkle second 1/2 of mix -pat lightly.
5. Bake at 350 for 30-40 mins
6. Let cool completely before cutting.
7. Eat 2 or 3 and not feel guilty because there are lots of oats and no chocolate at all- therefore NO calories!
Post a Comment